Basic 2 (A2 – b)
This level’s principal aims are describing their background, local geography, immediate environments and personal needs. They will also produce simple connected texts and conversations on topics that are familiar to them or related to their personal interests. They will describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes, and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
By the end of the level the students will be able to:
- Describe people´s personality and places using related adjectives.
- Give directions on how to reach a place using prepositions.
- Identify countable and non-countable nouns while considering quantifiers, containers, and quantities.
- Express preferences and instructions about recipes through imperatives.
- Compare individuals and places through comparatives, superlatives, and equatives to express similarities and differences.
- Identify and use different types of grammatical structures to communicate plans, predictions, and intentions about the future.
- Express cause-and-effect relationships using conditionals.
- Relate and describe past events, experiences memories, and anecdotes using simple past.